As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Frederick? Especially if your cooling equipment is newer or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your system checked yearly by a May's Heating & Air tech can help spot minor issues before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service complicated internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little problems before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine parts and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into extensive problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Now with May's Heating & Air
Today is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our May's Heating & Air pros a shout at 301-690-0397 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your next maintenance.